CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

...just call me Iron Chef Lizzy

Heeeey ladies! Hope everyone is having a fabulous summer. Stephanie and I took off work last Thursday and went to Six Flags in San Antonio, where we had this charicature done. I've always loved these things. We had a fun time...


Last week Doug and I had our own Iron Chef America competition. I'm so mad that I didn't get pictures. It was freaking hilarious!! We each had to make a 3-course meal... in 80 minutes. His brother, Derek, chose the 'secret ingredient' which he unveiled just moments before our timers were set. It turned out to be pineapple, which I was pretty excited about. Derek and his wife, Emily... along with our 2 missionaries were the judges. They said they'd never had a dinner like that before. Of course, I won. It was so cute how Doug thought he even had a chance.


Last week I also found out that I got into this leadership program at the VA. It starts next month and runs until June 2008. I'm most excited about the trips we get to take. My first trip is to St. Louis at the end of Sept. I'll be managing my current work load, plus working on all the projects for this program... so it might be a little crazy - but it should be fun. At least it'll keep me busy, busy while Doug finishes this Masters program. (I'm so ready for this to be done - I miss my Douglas!)


Anyway, I have been meaning to post these pictures of my doggies for Brooke. She asked for them like a month ago... Here are my babies, Seua and Frankie :)

3 comments:

Brooke said...

How funny it that! I love the idea of having an Iron chef comp., that would be a fun date night. Too bad Rico (Ryan) is a way better cook then I, I burnt toast the first week we where married. That is a cool charater picture of you and Steph. Tell Steph she needs to get on the ball and do a post. Thanks for the pictures of your dogs! They are so cute!!!

Steph said...

Ha ha we look freakin amazing! Man such good times!

Katie said...

First...what did you cook? And second...Brooke, you call Ryan Rico??? That is hilarious. Your dogs are cute and congrats on the leadership position...busy busy busy!