CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 9, 2007

Hooray for vacations





Well, we just got back from Florida yesterday so I thought it was a good time for my first post! Even though I've already told half of you all about it, I'll summarize our fun trip for everyone else.:) We got to Fort Lauderdale on the 4th and discovered that our hotel was in walking distance to the beach so that was great. There were also lots of cute little lizards walking around outside which were fun to watch. We watched some fireworks displays from Pompano Beach that night which was very nice and exactly what I'd hoped we could do. There were a lot of tropical storms going across the peninsula all week, so pretty much every afternoon was filled with lots of rain, thunder, and lightning. Some of it was pretty incredible...with 10 inches of rain falling in only 2 hours, and flooding all the roads! Luckily it was hot and sunny every morning, so we got up and laid out on the beach and played in the nice warm water. The ocean was very calm and clear and it was just gorgeous. We also drove up and down the coast a bit to oggle at all the huge mansions on beachfront property. I got to have some fresh tuna and swordfish (very yummy) at a nice restaurant on the pier. We also made our way down to Miami on 7-7-07 to check out their huge downtown and port area, and of course the infamous South Beach. I prefer Ft. Lauderdale to Miami although Miami was entertaining...it reminds me of the difference between LA and San Diego. Anyway, it was an awesome trip and I was very sad to have to leave the beautiful ocean and come back to Nebraska. At least I came back a little tanner!

1 comments:

Lizzy said...

love the pictures! now i really want to take a trip to FL.