CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Some News

The time has finally come! Friday night David opened his mission call, with everyone watching via i-chat. He will be serving in San Jose, California (English speaking) and he goes into the MTC on May 21st. We're all very proud of him, and can't wait for the first Elder Kent.

Also, last week Brett and I went to our first concert together...Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban. It was my birthday present, and boy was it a great one! They were both terrific performers, and we had a really good time. I took some pictures to post on the blog, but they didn't turn out so well.

Now we are getting excited for our visit to California next week, and especially for our move back to UTAH in May! Our realtor is already looking for houses, and obviously we've been checking them out online. Looks like we'll be driving out over Memorial Day weekend, so I look forward to hanging out with you Utah girls this summer. Speaking of hanging out...anyone else have plans to join me and Katie in KC next month?;)

8 comments:

Katie said...

Cool...San Jose will be awesome! That is so exciting. He will be there before you know it! And I thought that you dragged B-rett to the Gavin DeGraw concert or something like that? Maybe I'm confused.
Yeah, I mean I would be fine with just hanging out with Kari in KC but I was kindof looking forward to seeing the rest of you too...hint, hint...

Kari said...

Oh yeah, we went to the Anna Nalick/Howie Day concert in Cali...I guess I should have said the first concert since we've been married.:)

Lizzy said...

i couldn't be happier for David...

ok drama queens, you guys know I'm in for KC...even if I have to wait until April 24th to buy my ticket ;)

p.s. hope you guys are into the 80s girl tunes. i was really feeling it tonight so I added a few good ones to the playlist.

Brooke said...

I am still planning on coming but I am waiting to see what is up with Ry and his job. We should know in the next couple weeks. Plus...Taxes took a little hit in our bank account this year...so, I kinda want to have a little money before I buy a ticket...know what I'm saying?!? Who the hell is Fica and why is he taking all my money?!? Stupid taxes! :-) love ya!

Kari, I am confused, Are you moving to Utah or Oregon?!? And when? Let me know.

Kari said...

Oh B-rooke, you are a little geographically impaired these days.:) We were considering moving to Seattle, but we chose to move back to SLC instead! We've bumped the date up to May 12th now, so I'll be a permanent Utard soon.

Brooke said...

Sorry, I had no clue you guys changed plans. Are you guys moving to SLC area then? Did brett find a job here or is he still going to school?

Kari said...

Yeah, the SLC area. I've seen a lot of houses I like in South Jordan so we may end up there. Brett is probably going to be training people with disabilities for a company while trying to start up his own sports specific training business.

Sarah said...

I am still planning for KC as well. I am just a little slow on getting the ticket. Kari I am exicted you will be a fellow Utahard! Even though last time you lived here we didn't reall see eachother, it is good to know that you are close! What about Katie? Are there moving plans still on the horizon. I can't remember if anything was set or if it was still up in the air.