CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Update

It’s been an interesting week for us. On Thursday I received a very unexpected bonus at work as a reward for all the training I’ve been doing for our new employees. This was a great blessing because it came at a time when I was really needing some extra cash! Funny how things always seem to work out like that. Then on Friday something even more unexpected happened…I got a promotion. This wasn’t something I had applied for recently, but an opening came up and I got a phone call congratulating me. I’m a little nervous because it will be a big change from what I have been doing for the last couple of years, which will definitely yank me out of my comfort zone. But hopefully it will be a good learning and growing experience. What’s most exciting about it is that I will get to work out of our satellite office in Sandy until January, which will save me 5-6 hours of driving every week (and of course that gas money adds up). Also, for those who don’t know, Brett recently cut all ties with his employer and officially started his own business: Integrated Sports Performance. We were very blessed because in the first week he already had several clients and a contract with a high school, which adds up to more income than he’d had all summer at the other place. The blessings continue, because yesterday he landed a 6 month contract with a group of swimmers at the high school. This isn’t to say everything is perfect or easy, because starting your own business is difficult, expensive, and scary. The last 3 months have been almost nothing like I expected them to be when we decided to move back to Utah, but it just goes to show that someone else has a plan for our lives, and even when our own plans don’t work out just as we thought they would, there are always unexpected blessings around the corner!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow Kar, Congrats! That is so exciting! And I am glad that it seems like Brett's business is doing well. You are a VA stud!

Lizzy said...

Kari is going to be so great in her new supervisory role! What a compliment to have been handed this unexpected bonus and new position. It shows that you have been doing a great job. It really is amazing how successful Brett is doing in such a short period of time on his own too. Such bountiful blessings.

Sarah said...

Kari I am so happy for you. It is nice to see that all of your hard work is paying off. Also Congrats to Brett and I hope you guys continue to have the blessings role in.

Brooke said...

Awesome, i know you have been working hard and you and Brett deserve it. Maybe Brett can talk you into that big theater room now that you have those nice big bonuses.