CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 11, 2007

This is for Brooke...


Well here's another Six Flags pic for you...


So I'm still working at the University of Texas and going on my 4th year...wait maybe 5th - o no I'm losing track of time! Yikes! The job is a job but I do enjoy working on campus, I love the campus feeling even though it's nothing like our old beloved campus, believe me. I'm also enrolled in a Master's Program - Master of Public Administration (MPA) to be exact. Now I know you are all wondering what that means and what I'm going to do with it. These are all very good questions to which I don't really have an answer. The MPA is basically the public sector version of the MBA so I'll be prepared to boss people around in federal and state agencies - something I'm sure I'll be excellent at - ha! Anyway my first session just finished up a few weeks ago and I got myself a big fat 'A'! I was pretty excited about that considering I honestly had no idea what I'd get - freaky feeling. While going back to school has been really exciting I had forgotten how hard and annoying school can be sometimes. Staying up all night to write a paper is really not my favorite thing to do!

Anyway, other than that things are pretty much the same. My lil twin brothers are about to get their driver's license which freaks me out every time I think about it. My mom is still dating a Jew (which is weird for a whole lot of reasons) and I'm still single in the singles ward...but there are a lot of fun people to hang out with down here so it's be good times.

O and on the funnier side...I totally write the advice column for our ward newsletter. It's anonymous and called 'Ask Red'. When we gave it that name I thought for sure people would know it was me right away but they don't - it cracks me up all the time. Anyway people submit questions about anything and once a week I answer one in the newsletter. I must say I'm pretty dang funny sometimes - ha - but seriously it's been a lot of fun. I'll try to remember to send you some of the better samples.

Later,
Steph

2 comments:

Brooke said...

you are freakin' hilarious!!! I miss my Steph. It's good to hear from you! Sounds like school is fun...i can't believe you slept with your teacher to get that big fat A!!!! Hey, you gotta do...what you gotta do!!! :-) Well, it's good to finally hear from you! Miss you!!! Brooke

Sarah said...

Steph, You really need to post one of your colums. I would lover to read it. I also say good for you going for the Master's degree. Sometimes I think I would like to get my maters someday.